After the sole developer of Incognito, arguably, the best Linux live CD for anonymous internet browsing, announced that he could not carry on with his work in the project, another anonymous live CD, Amnesia, decided to merge with Incognito Linux live CD, and hence, the (Amnesic) Incognito Live System was born.
Information security awareness poster
Version 0.5 of The Amnesic Incognito Live CD is now out and includes lots of goodies for anonymous internet surfing, encryption and erasing your online tracks, such as:
- Tor 0.2.1.25
- Vidalia 0.2.8
- Claws Mail 3.7.5 with OpenPGP support.
- Pidgin automatically connects to irc.oftc.net with a randomized nickname.
- At shutdown time, only prompt to remove CD; just halt when booted from a USB stick.
- Forbid any IPv6 communication with the outside.
- Added some wifi drivers: Ralink rt2570, rt2860 and Broadcom STA.
My hats off to this great live CD for anonymous internet surfing!
For those who fear that the Chinese or British secret services will seize their computers one day, a live CD is the sure way to avoid leaving any tracks on your computer.
The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System homepage